Grapefruit Essential Oil (Citrus paradise)
Grapefruit essential oil is one of the most popular and widely-used oils due to its great fragrance and the fact that it’s excellent for easing congestion and water retention.
Properties Of Grapefruit Essential Oil
Grapefruit essential oil has the following properties:
- Fat dissolving.
Grapefruit Essential Oil Benefits And Uses
The main benefits and uses of Grapefruit essential oil include:
- Toning and cleansing skin.
- Treating headaches and migraines.
- Healing of wounds.
- Appetite stimulation.
- Treating and preventing acne and scars.
- Boosting circulation.
- Helping with urination.
- Cleansing of kidneys, liver and lymph system.
- Making deodorant.
- Helping with digestion.
- Treating depression.
- Easing stress and anxiety.
- Boosting energy levels.
- Weight loss.
- Promoting hair growth and strengthening.
- Promoting calmness and relaxation.
- Insect repellent.
How To Use Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Add to moisturizer.
- Add to shampoo or conditioner.
- Steam facial.
Safety Advice For Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Always conduct a patch test before applying Grapefruit essential oil topically.
- Grapefruit oil should be diluted 50:50 with a suitable carrier oil before topical application.
- Don’t expose your skin to direct sunlight for 24 hours after application due to Grapefruit oils phototoxicity.
- Grapefruit essential oil is toxic for cats.
Lavender Essential Oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
Lavender essential oil is one of the most popular essential oils with a wide range of uses. Despite being a floral oil, its fragrance doesn’t have the usual sweetness associated with such oils.
Properties Of Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil has the following properties:
Lavender Essential Oil Benefits And Uses
The primary uses and benefits of Lavender essential oil include:
- Relaxing the body and mind and easing nervous tension.
- Easing feelings of aggression, frustration and anger.
- Easing Headaches.
- Soothing muscular pain.
- Treating depression.
- Treating acne and other skin conditions, such as Eczema and oily skin.
- Soothing and treating insomnia.
- Wound cleansing.
- Treating the symptoms of colds and flu.
- Easing menstrual pain and other pre-menstrual symptoms.
- Treating and soothing burns and bruises.
- Easing the symptoms of hay fever.
- Treating cold sores.
- Reducing blood pressure and lowering cholesterol levels.
- Relieving the symptoms of asthma and allergies.
- Treating bacterial infections, such as athlete’s foot.
- Repelling insects and bugs.
How To Use Lavender Essential Oil
You can apply Lavender essential oil in the following ways:
- Add a few drops to your bath or shower.
- Use as a massage oil.
- Use as a compress.
- Diffuse using an essential oil diffuser.
Safety Advice For Lavender Essential Oil
- Lavender essential oil is generally safe to apply neat without diluting with a carrier oil. Some people may suffer irritation when applying it neat though, so you should always patch test on a small area of your skin first.
- Don’t ingest Lavender oil.
- Lavender oil may cause drowsiness if used along with sedatives.