Frankincense Essential Oil (Boswelia carterii)
With its warm and woody aroma. Frankincense essential oil has been used for healing and therapeutic purposes throughout history. It remains even today as one of the most popular and widely used essential oils.
Properties Of Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense essential oil has the following properties:
Frankincense Essential Oil Benefits And Uses
The primary uses and benefits of Frankincense essential oil include:
- Treating dry and ageing skin.
- Treating breathing and respiratory problems.
- Treating tendonitis.
- Inducing calmness and relaxation.
- Boosting the immune system and combating infections.
- Strengthening hair and promoting hair growth.
- Treating and preventing wrinkles.
- Treating wounds.
- Relieving indigestion.
- Treating coughs and sore throats.
- Improving your mood.
How To Use Frankincense Essential Oil
You can use Frankincense essential oil in the following ways:
- Add a few drops to your moisturiser or skin cream.
- Use as a massage oil..
- Facial steam.
- Add to your bath or shower.
- Use as a compress.
- Meditation – rub a few drops in your hands and inhale.
Safety Advice For Frankincense Essential Oil
- Frankincense oil should always be diluted before being applied topically or diffused. Mix 50:50 with a suitable carrier oil.
- Frankincense oil can cause skin irritation if used undiluted.